Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bucks County

Yesterday Jesse and I dropped off the kids at his parents house and had a chance to spend some time together. We ate out at the new Cantina, then went bowling. We had a such generative conversation at dinner and great fun bowling. Today we slept in and lounged around the house for a while in the morning. We had planned on going for a bike ride around Fairmount park but decided to bike in the country before picking up the girls.

While riding I was reminded how beautiful it is "in the country." We rode along beautiful farms and rolling hills. We rode next to streams, rivers and through tree lined streets for 22 miles. I really smelled summer today on my ride. The warm sun making the earth smell so sweet. There was also a point in the trip that we passed a dead animal (I couldn't even tell you what it was) but I took a deep breath as I rode past it. I was expecting to be disgusted by the smell but instead I was surprised that it smelled familiar and safe. I felt an unbelievable amount of thankfulness for that animals existence. For when it was alive and for its death. 

On our way to pick up the girls I was feeling a bit jealous of the people who lived in those big beautiful homes. I can't even imagine how much different their lives are than mine. Some day it would be nice to live in the country but I was reminded this evening about my love for the place I live. 
When we got back into town we went right to church. What a breath of fresh air. Thank you Josh. When we returned to our block it seemed like all of our neighbors were hanging out having a relaxing evening. I am thankful we have such great neighbors. 
It was amazing to see that where we live has so much life!

I take in the smells and they smell good.

3 comments:

joshua said...

i hear you about the big homes. i like your blog, sorry i'm slow to comment...i've been backlogged with the internet thing this past month, but i get the RSS>

and you're welcome and thanks for the link love.

leann (gorman) wood said...

where did you go riding?

Jonny said...

Man! What a great day! I'm so impressed that you guys have so much fun together; it gives me a lot of inspiration. I wonder if one day I'll settle down and live in the country.