Monday, October 12, 2009

Apple Pie Time

Today has been a great day.
The girls and I hung up some fall decorations and made a homemade apple pie. MMMmmm.
I also started to write down my "wing it" recipes. Some days I make killer dinners and other days they totally flop. I am ready to be a little more consistent.

Tell me what you think- if you make it yourself.

Apple Pie

Crust:
2 sticks butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
about 1/4 cup ice water

-stick butter, salt, sugar and flour in mixer and mix until it is a corn meal consistency
-add ice water until dough forms
-make 2 discs of dough then put in fridge
-make filling then roll out when ready

Filling:
8 cups sliced apples (no skins)
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 TBS corn starch
1 TBS cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger powder
3 TBS lime juice

fill pie and put crust on top. I usually put an egg wash on top then garnish with turbinado sugar.

bake for 45min at 350

1 comment:

leann (gorman) wood said...

i had some of this pie and it was deeeeelish!