Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Ball

Every year when I was a little my Gram would give my siblings and I a Christmas ball. These were usually dated with our names on them and specific towards our interests. My mom used to hang them all on the tree so each year we could count on 4 more ornaments. When I got married my mother happily handed over mine.

My favorite one (and always has been) is my very first Christmas ball. I love everything about it. I love the how it says "baby's first Christmas" and how wonderful the drawings are. They just don't make ornaments like this anymore.





My mom has carried on this tradition by giving ornaments for my girls. They loved decorating the tree and finding the ornaments with their names on them.

1 comment:

Megan said...

My mom gives us a daughter ornament every year. I have all my ornaments from growing up now. I alaways feel bad, because Jamie has none... So our tree and Megan decorations all over it :)