Thursday, January 28, 2010

Toothpaste


I have been wanting to make homemade toothpaste for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday I finished off my tube of store bought toothpaste, so I decided that it was a good time to make some.

4TBS baking soda
4tsp liquid glycerin
essential oils of choice (I chose basil and peppermint- thanks Lisa)
1tsp stevia powder (thanks Leann)
a little water to make it into a paste

*I love having Lisa and Leann on the block- Sorry if I raid your pantry too much


I think I added a little too much water, but it is still fine. We also have to give it a good stir before we put it on the toothbrush. I just kept a little wood stick in the jar to stir it and apply it to the toothbrush. I have to say, it is really good!

I definitely suggest making this one!

2 comments:

lindseyparsons said...

Thanks for posting this! I have been wanting to give homemade toothpaste a try for a while now.

aimee said...

Does it fight cavities like the store bought kind? I'm a fan of Tom's Toothpaste of Maine.